Improvised Music from Japan / Independent Labels
This label was started by Junichi Morita in 1996. So far, there are two lines of CDs released on the label: the works of bassist Tetsu Saitoh; and Amami shimauta, the unique folk songs of the Amami Islands. (The islands are located between Okinawa and Kyushu, the southernmost main island of Japan). These are new recordings of these songs, played by local musicians. For information and orders, contact:
JABARA (Junichi Morita)
Address: 1-8-25 Tsuruma, Fujimi-shi, Saitama 354 Japan
Phone and fax: (from outside Japan) 81-492-51-0704
(from inside Japan) 0492-51-0704
- Saitoh, Tetsu, and Kazue Sawai. Yaeyama Yugyoh. 1996.
- Saitoh, Tetsu. Panari. 1996.
- Saitoh, Tetsu. Contrabajeando. 1997.
- Asabana: Amami Shimauta Kiko. 1997.
- Hanazome: Amami Shimauta Kiko II. 1998.
- Tetsu Saitoh Tango Groove Collective. AUSENCIAS 1998.
- Nakamura, Mizuki. Island Girl. 1999.
- Atari, Kohsuke. Atari 1999.
- Sato, Kunitaka. Robo no Gei. 1999.
- Ishihara, Hisako. Shimakyorasa. 1999.
- Saitoh, Tetsu. Pagan Hymn 2000.
Last updated: June 7, 2000